Comedian, corporate impostor and comic hoax speaker
- Rodney has a growing repertoire of over 350 characters, with numerous accents and dialects, from hundreds of professions. One character appears at each event.
- His joke-name, double-talking characters have had over 30 international tours to the UK, the US, India, Malaysia, Mauritius, Vanuatu, Fiji, the Solomon Islands, and New Zealand.
- In Australia, he performs frequently:
- in Sydney (his home town), Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane and Canberra
- on the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast
- and in other regional locations, especially conference and business events destinations.
Who is this guy?
- Rodney has had more than 3,500 live comedy performances.
- He has scores of media roles under his braces.
- He is a corporate impostor – a comic hoax speaker in a business suit.
- His comedy is usually in the form of fake keynote speeches at conferences, conventions, seminars, awards nights, cocktail parties and other business events.
- Sometimes Rodney is a comedy emcee / MC / master of ceremonies … almost always in character.
- He is infamous as the perpetrator of Hoaxes and Jokeses.
- He has been a full-time professional comedian since 1991. Prior to that time, he served the traditional, part-time apprenticeship for several years – until he created enough material and developed an audience, and a voice: a comic attitude.
- He’s in demand now more than ever. You’ll be in safe hands with Rodney. He won’t accidentally insult anybody. It’ll be on purpose.
- He’s an Australian, but his characters often aren’t … you get an international performer for no extra charge.
- If you’re looking for a comedian, but only have a budget line for a speaker … look no further! Rodney is a comedy speaker, a deadpan comedian pretending to be a speaker, a speaker whose credibility deteriorates and degenerates into hilarity as your people realise they’ve been had.
- Rodney has degrees from Harvard University (1988), AGSM @ UNSW Business School (1982) and UNE (1980).
Appointments and recognition
- Rodney has been visiting professor-at-large at UNSW 2007, and artist-in-residence at the Macquarie Dictionary 2002-03, UNE 2001-02, the AGSM 2000-01 and Harvard University 1995.
- Rodney has been listed in Who’s Who in Australia since 2000 (ongoing), and in the Concise Companion to Theatre in Australia.
- Australasian Humour Studies Network (AHSN)
- Fellow in the Order of the “Jessters”, for distinguished service to humour studies and the AHSN, 2020
- Australian Order of Comedians: The Echidnas
- Fellowship Award, 2015
- Professional Speakers Australia (formerly the National Speakers Association of Australia)
- CSP Sage, 2022
- CSP Emeritus, 2018
- Nevin Award, for service, 2013
- Keynote Speaker of the Year, 2011
- National President, 2007-08
- CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), 2004
- Green Room Award nominee, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, 1998
- One of three lead actors in Final Cut, which won many comedy and film awards, 1996