You’re late for work. You need to improvise a reason. Like many ad-libs, you have a few justifications, alibis and tricks already pre-prepared, because you’re used to doing more with less.
- You attended the early morning funeral of your last boss.
- You applied mouth-to-mouth to a co-worker suffering hyperventilation at the pub after work yesterday The wrong impression was given and had to be explained at length over breakfast.
- You ran into your boss’s boss and spent a lot of time praising your boss. You didn’t want to leave out any details.
- You were awake all night writing a work report and didn’t realise that it was time to go to the office. And besides, it would have been disrespectful to have arrived before the boss.
- You were trying to find a better backronym to retrofit to the acronym ‘BS’. In the end, you had to be satisfied with Bloated Syntax.
… … … … … …