How does management doubletalk define Creativity, and how does it differ from Innovation? Creativity is:
- the ability to think outside the square
- the capacity to invent the square
- the propensity to play with the sides of the square, thereby transmogrifying its squareness
- the obsession with a plethora of quasi-geometric metaphorical iterations, whilst evading productive and profitable work.
- Hippopotamus (plural: hippopotamuses; hippopotami is wrong in three languages).
So much for Creativity per se. What’s Innovation then?
- Innovation is Creativity that you get paid for
- Innovation is Creativity that’s acceptable to engineers
- Innovation is Creativity for grown-ups
- Innovation is Creativity without government subsidy
- Innovation is Creativity. And vice versa. Get over it!
… … … … …